Infertility may result from complications in the delivery of sperm into a woman’s vagina. Conditions that interfere with normal delivery of sperm could be
- Retrograde Ejaculation- in which the semen enters the bladder rather than emerging out of the penis during orgasm. This could be caused by certain medications or diabetes, prostrate, bladder or urethral surgery.
- Sexual issues like premature ejaculation
- Absence of semen common in men with spinal cord injuries or diseases.
- Misplaced urinary opening present on the underside of the penis. This is a birth defect and can be corrected surgically
- Blockage of the part of the testicles that contain ducts to ejaculate the sperm